Omaha Franchise Law Attorneys
Helping expand your business
Franchising is an important component of the U.S. economy and a growing factor in international business. Whether it is making the decision to franchise your business or deciding to purchase a franchised business, it is important to understand the nature of franchising and the details of the business. When a franchise relationship is created, it is more than just a contract. A whole set of regulatory and consumer protection regulations are at play. It is a must that you understand both the legal contract and the regulations in order to understand the benefits and drawbacks of the franchise relationship.
Let the experienced attorneys at Vandenack Weaver LLC assist you in this process. Our lawyers have years of experience in franchise law representing franchisors, franchisees and prospective franchisees and can assist in:
- Drafting and negotiation of franchise programs and offering circulars
- Structuring franchise relationships and joint ventures
- Completion of franchise disclosure and registration requirements
- Review of franchise offerings and turning them into plain English for a prospective franchisee
- Advertising and marketing issues specific to the franchise industry
- Technology in franchising
- Sub-franchising and selling a franchise business
- Avoiding franchisor liability
- Termination of the franchise relationship
- Franchise dispute resolution and litigation
- Anti-trust matters
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Supplier arrangements
- Development of the legal documents for state and federal regulation compliance
- Providing understanding of the business of expansion to help you make informed choices
- Expansion of your business with our experience in Tax, Business, and Employment Law as well as Estate Planning
Who we represent
- We assist U.S. firms seeking to expand by establishing a new franchise or acquiring franchise companies.
- We assist companies in registering and soliciting franchise business.
- We represent entrepreneurs in the purchase or sale of franchises.
- In addition, we help companies find ways to avoid having their businesses fall into the scope of franchise laws.
What we focus on
Our firm has extensive knowledge of franchise trends and law. Most franchise laws focus on the ongoing relationship between franchisor and franchisee. We can assist you in understanding what is required to make your relationships work.
For more information, view our video on franchising.
Dedication. Innovation. Results.
Call Vandenack Weaver LLC at 402.504.1300 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation regarding your franchise law issues. From our office in Omaha, the firm represents clients in Nebraska and Iowa and throughout the United States.