Select a category or scroll down to view our complete video list.
- How can a lawyer help me with artificial reproduction?
- What are the important laws related to artificial reproduction?
Asset Protection Planning
- Asset Protection Planning 1: Basic Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Planning 2: Trusts
- When should I start asset protection planning?
- Who should have an asset protection plan?
- What should I be careful of when preparing an asset protection program?
- Should I use a trust to protect my assets?
- Who should be my power of attorney?
- When should I use an LLC vs. a corporation?
- What is an LLC and why should I form one?
- Selecting the Entity Form for Your Business
- The Limited Liability Company
Business Succession Planning
- Can I change my business organization from one type to another?
- How do I keep my business going in the event of the loss of a partner?
- How do I protect my business in the event of death or disability?
- I'm ready to retire, how do I get value out of my business?
- What are buy-sell agreements?
- What should be included in my business exit strategy?
- Are handshake agreements binding?
- Can franchise agreements be terminated or not renewed?
- If my business sells products over the internet, what law governs when a customer buys my product in a different state?
- What is the difference between an employee and an independent contractor?
- What law governs contracts with foreign entities
- What rights do minority shareholders have?
- What are the benefits to offering group health insurance?
- What kind of benefits are available to offer to my employees?
- Basic Estate Planning
- End-of-life Directive Options
- Private Foundations
- The Simple Will
- Trusts in Estate Planning
- Are there any lifetime planning options available to me to reduce my exposure to estate taxes?
- Can I appoint the same person as executor (personal representative), trustee and guardian?
- Do I need a new asset protection plan, trust or will if I move to a new state?
- What benefits does a trust offer?
- What does a proper estate plan include?
- What impact do the beneficiary designations on my life insurance policies, annuities and retirement accounts have on my estate plan?
- Should I Buy a Franchise?
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages to franchising?
- What disclosures am I entitled to when I consider buying a franchise?
- What happens when my franchise agreement terminates?
- What happens when the actions of the franchisor harm the brand and hurt the franchisees?
- What royalties are owed to the franchisor?
- What state has jurisdiction in disputes between franchisors and franchisees?
Health Care Law
- HIPAA Business Associates & Business Associate Agreements
- HIPAA Compliance Audit
- What is the federal anti-kickback statute?
- How does the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) affect my business?
- Should I have a power of attorney for healthcare?
- Can my competitors use my business name in their keyword advertising?
- Is federal trademark registration valid outside the United States?
- Must I register a copyright with the government to receive protection?
- Should I spend the money to get a trademark for my business?
- What is a copyright?
- What is trademark infringement?
- What does my business need to know about international law?
- What is a tax treaty?
- Who must file a Foreign Bank and Financial Account?
- Purchasing Real Estate: Basic Considerations
- If I want to buy property for investment, should I purchase with a business entity?
- A group of investors are buying real estate - what should they consider?
- What types of due diligence should my business do before buying/leasing property?
- What should be in a commercial real estate purchase contract?
- What is title insurance?
- What are some common risks involved in a commercial real estate transaction?
- What are some common risks involved in a commercial property lease?
- Can an LLC have different classes of investors?
- Can my company legally offer and sell securities without registering?
- How are securities used as collateral?
- What are the exemptions from securities laws?
Tax Exempt Entities
- Does an out-of-state retailer have to collect sales tax?
- Do I have to collect taxes for sales made over the internet?
- How can I structure my business to pay less taxes?
- How does the NII relate to real estate?
- If I am a U.S. citizen but my business is in a foreign country, do I have to pay U.S. income tax?
- If my business is located in one state and I have employees in another state, what are the employment tax issues?
- If my business sells goods and services in states other than where the business is located, is my business subject to income tax in the other states?
- What are some tax benefit strategies for business owners?
- What do I do if I have a tax dispute with the IRS?
- What is nexus?
- What is the NII (net investment income tax)?