OUTLINE: THE MEDICAID COMMISSION
o The Medicaid Commission (the “Commission”) was established by charter by the Honorable Michael O. Leavitt, Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, in May 2005.
• PURPOSE OF THE COMMISSION
o The commission charge was defined as follows:
- The Commission shall report to the Secretary, for his consideration and submission to Congress, by September 1, 2005, their recommendations on options to achieve $10 billion in scorable Medicaid savings over five years while at the same time make progress toward meaningful longerterm program changes to better serve beneficiaries.
- By December 31, 2006, the Commission shall submit to the Secretary a report making longer-term recommendations on the future of the Medicaid program that ensure the long- term sustainability of the program. They shall develop proposals that address the following issues:
This is just the beginning of this document. The entire document is available only to clients and friends of our law firm. If you would like to receive a copy of the entire document, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply promptly including a pdf attachment of the document requested:
1. Name of the document requested
2. Your name
3. Name of your company
4. Your title
5. City and State where your company primarily does business
Please note, requesting a document will add you to our email list. This means you will receive certain emails that we believe may be of interest to our clients and friends. To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from us, please send an email to email@example.com from the email address where you receive our emails.