Michael J. Weaver
Mike has 27 years of experience as counsel to businesses and individuals in the areas of general corporate and business law, federal and state taxation, estate, retirement and financial planning, and trust administration and probate. His practice includes representation of a wide variety of business interests on tax, employee benefits and corporate matters, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations of all sizes. Mike represents individuals in all stages of life on their estate, retirement and financial planning, be it a newly married couple establishing their first estate plan or a business owner working on complex business succession issues.
Mike is an AV rated attorney in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. He has earned the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® professional designation. Mike has also passed the Series 7 General Securities Exam, the Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Exam, the Nebraska Life and Health Exam, and the Certified Public Accountant exam. He is a member of the Omaha, Nebraska State and American Bar Associations.
Mike is a 1987 graduate of Creighton University, receiving his BSBA with majors in Accounting and Finance, and a 1990 summa cum laude graduate of the Creighton University School of Law. He served on the Editorial Staff of the Creighton Law Review as a student articles editor.
- Nebraska, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Tax Court, 1990
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, summa cum laude, 1990
- B.S.B.A., Creighton University, 1987
Professional associations and memberships
- American Bar Association
- Member of Sections on Business Law, Real Estate, Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Member of Sections on Business Law, Corporate Counsel, Labor Relations and Employment Law, Real Estate and Probate and Trust Law
- Omaha Bar Association
Community associations, memberships, and activities
- American College/Advisor in Philanthropy
- Parish Council Chairperson
- "State Regulation of Corporate Acquisitions: How Do the Statutes Work and Are They Constitutional," 22 Creighton Law Review 793 (1989)