Joshua A. Diveley
Josh maintains a diverse practice, focusing his efforts on corporate law, partnerships, taxation issues, estate planning and probate, guardianships and conservatorships, employee benefits, including retirement plan design and implementation, and small business organizations and operations. Originally from Center Point, Iowa, Josh is admitted to practice law in his home state as well as in Nebraska.
For more information about Josh’s areas of practice, follow the links below:
For more information about Josh, click here.
More about Josh Diveley
An Iowa native, Josh attended Mount Mercy College in Cedar Rapids where he majored in Accounting and minored in Finance. While at Mount Mercy, Josh received numerous awards and accolades including the Most Outstanding Junior Accounting Student Award and Scholarship, the Most Outstanding Finance Student Award, and the Wall Street Journal Award, an award given to the most outstanding graduate in the entire business division.
After graduating summa cum laude from Mount Mercy in 2005, Josh moved to Lincoln, Neb. to attend law school at the University of Nebraska. While in law school, Josh received the Gross and Welch Best Brief Award and the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Commercial Law Sales and Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions, was chosen as a Nebraska Moot Court Board Senior Member, and was selected to be a problem writer for the first-year legal research and writing class. Josh received a Business Transactions Program of Concentrated Study Certificate recognizing his focus on studies primarily in business-related courses and graduated from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln College of Law, with distinction, in 2008.
Josh currently serves as a board member and Secretary for the Millard Business Community Foundation, a not-for-profit organization devoted to helping families and students in the Millard School District in Omaha and member of the board for the Friends of Extension and 4-H in Douglas and Sarpy Counties.
In his free time, Josh enjoys spending time with his wife, Katie, and their new Goldendoodle puppy, Barkley.
- Iowa, 2008
- Nebraska, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2016
- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with distinction, 2008
- Member of Senior Moot Court Board
- Recipient of the Gross and Welch Best Brief Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Commercial Law-Sales and Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Problem writer for the 1L Legal Research and Writing Course
- B.A., Mount Mercy College, Administration in Accounting and Finance, summa cum laude, 2005
- Most Outstanding Accounting Student Scholarship and Award
- Most Outstanding Finance Student Award
- Wall Street Journal Award
Community memberships, organizations and activities
- Board member, Millard Business Community Foundation, 2012 - present
- Board member, Friends of Extension and 4-H in Douglas and Sarpy Counties, 2011 - 2013
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity