Joseph R. Vandenack
Joe joined Vandenack Weaver LLC in an Of Counsel capacity in 2011. The association represents a reunion of sorts between Joe and his sister, Mary Vandenack. Both worked together previously in the firm that was founded by their father, Roger H. Vandenack.
Joe received his Bachelors of Science of Business Administration, summa cum laude, from Creighton University, in 1983. Joe received his law degree, with high distinction, from Creighton University School of Law in 1985.
As Of Counsel to the firm, Joe brings over twenty five years of legal experience. His background includes time as a partner in a law firm and as in-house counsel for a closely-held group of corporations. Joe has served on the boards of directors for both for-profit and non-profit corporations. He was Chairman of the Business Law Section of the Nebraska State Bar Association for five years. Joe has significant experience in tax, employee benefits, business transactions, and estate planning. Joe has made himself valuable to his clients with his overall knowledge of many areas as well as his business background.
Joe is very involved in community activities. He is active on the Yutan Volunteer Fire Department as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter and Rescue Diver. He teaches Ice Rescue to Nebraska firefighters through Dive Rescue International. Joe is Vice President of the Yutan Public Schools Foundation and Treasurer for the Softball Division of Yutan Youth Activities Inc. He is also a member of the Yutan Board of Education.
- Business Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Tax
- Nebraska, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court, 2000
- J.D. with high distinction, Creighton University College of Law, Omaha, NE 1985
- B.S. in Business Administration, summa cum laude, Creighton University, 1983
Professional associations and memberships
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Chairman of the Business Law Section, 2002–2007
Community associations and memberships
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, State of Nebraska 2001- present
- Ice Rescue Instructor, Dive Rescue International, 2003 - present
- Yutan Volunteer Fire Department, Yutan, NE
- Member, 1998 – present
- President, 1999 - present
- Ralston Volunteer Fire & Rescue Inc., Ralston, Nebraska
- Emergency Response Dive Team Member, 1999 –2005
- Dive Team Training Officer, 2003 – 2005
- Boystown Volunteer Fire Department, Boystown, Nebraska
- Emergency Response Dive Team Member, 1998 – 1999
- Yutan Public Schools Foundation
- Vice President, 2012 - present
- President, 2008 – 2012
- Vice President, 1996 – 2007
- Yutan Youth Activities Inc.
- Member of Board of Directors, 1996 – 2003
- Treasurer of the Softball Division, 2010 – present